NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AlixPartners, the global business-advisory firm, today announced that Yogesh Bahl has joined as a managing director in the firms Financial Advisory Services group. Bahl, who is based in New York, has more than 20 years of experience leading global investigations, strategy projects and operational-risk initiatives, particularly in the life-sciences industry. He also has served as an arbitrator and expert in breach-of-contract, intellectual-property and antitrust disputes. In addition, Bahl is able to leverage his experience in a number of other industries to help life-sciences companies take better advantage of broader leading practices.
Said Fred Crawford, CEO of AlixPartners: Life sciences and healthcare have been revolutionized in recent years, meaning that clients are more in need of assistance than ever on several fronts, including in litigation and other financial-advisory support. Weve very pleased to have someone of Yogeshs experience and expertise on our team, to help us grow our business in this important space.
Prior to joining AlixPartners, Bahl served as a partner in the financial advisory business at Deloitte, for which he led the US life-sciences practice for three years and worked with companies of all sizes. His areas of expertise include global fraud and corruption investigations, third- and fourth-party due diligence, compliance programs, supply-chain risk management and gross-to-net revenue optimization. He has also helped companies manage issues associated with product diversion, counterfeiting and contract compliance.
Bahls past work has included:
- Testifying on damages, antitrust and parallel trade issues in a breach-of-contract action involving the distribution medical devices in the European Union
- Serving as arbitrator involving a breach of contract dispute between two global companies
- Investigating companies in Europe, Asia and Central America in connection with third-party licensing and distribution agreements
- Investigating a joint-development business partner with respect to inaccurate reporting of research-and-development expenses and other suspected breaches of compliance
- Creating a pilot analytics program for investigator-initiated trials and speaker programs for a life sciences company
- Making recommendations with respect to gross-to-net revenue and related processes, organizational design, systems/data management, etc. for a pharmaceutical company
- Identifying the use of incorrect rates involving wholesale acquisition costs, chargebacks, rebates and related accounting accruals with respect to a profit-sharing agreement
Said Bahl: Im excited to be part of the global AlixPartners team, in part because the firm has a wealth of talent across the life-sciences-industry value chain. Im excited about leveraging AlixPartners distinctive senior-teams approach to help clients solve their most challenging business issues by providing sustainable, bottom-line solutions.
Bahl holds an MBA in finance and statistics and a bachelors degree in accounting and international business from New York Universitys Stern School of Business. He is a certified public accountant in the state of New York.
AlixPartners is a leading global business-advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialize in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business lifecycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. The firms expertise covers a wide range of businesses and industries whether they are healthy, challenged or distressed. Since 1981, we have taken a unique, small-team, action-oriented approach to helping corporate boards and management, law firms, investment banks and investors respond to critical business issues. For more information, visit www.alixpartners.com.
(C) Copyright 2014 GlobeNewswire, Inc. All rights reserved.